Coconut Lemongrass Sauce
Here is what you'll need to make this tasty recipe:
- Coconut Milk - 1 1/2 cups
- Fresh Ginger - 1 inch
- Lemon Grass - 1 stalk
Tumerix- 2 inches
- Garlic - 3 cloves
- Palm Sugar - 2 tablespoons
- Sea Salt - 1 teaspoon
- Coconut Oil - 1 tablespoon
- Thai Basil - 1/2 cup
- Scallions - 2 stems
Follow the instructions below:
- In a food processor, add ginger, garlic, lemongrass and turmeric and mince
- Get a saucepan and add coconut oil and saute 1 tablespoon of the mix
- In a blender, add coconut milk and the rest of the mix with palm sugar and sea salt
- Add milk
mixto the saucepan....
- Cook in medium heat for about 3-5 more minutes.
- Chop up the scallions and leaves of the basil and add desired amounts to the sauce for the last 1-2 minutes of cooking time.
Root herbs like ginger and tumeric are highly anti-inflammatory. Ginger has been involved in numerous studies to help reduce inflammation in joints, stomach aches and even soar throats. It has has phytochemicals sturcturally similar to the COX2 inhibitors found in Advils & Aleve. Tumeric is the other powerhouse which has an orange pigment called curcumin that has huge anit-inflammation effects comparable to the potent drugs hydrocortisone and phyenylbutazone with no side effects. These 2 herbs are the power houses when it comes to inflammation.